Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Bigs Finding Homes

I've already written about teams signing or looking to sign three bigs, Joe Smith, Drew Gooden, and Stromile Swift, for the stretch run. Well, things are taking shape. Earlier today I wrote an analysis of the Suns signing Swift. Now, as I speculated here, the Cavs have inked Smith. All that's left is for the Spurs to pick up Drew Gooden, and with today's announcement that they've released Pops Mensah-Bonsu, that's looking increasingly probable.

If it weren't for his mental lapses and an injured groin, I'd say the Spurs, if and when they sign Gooden would be the biggest winner here. But in any case, it's still clear that the biggest loser is the Celtics (my favorite NBA team), who signed Mikki Moore - the least productive big available - instead of waiting for these three.

No comments:

Post a Comment